Week 1- Using and Developing Resouces For ESL Classroom

Name: Teh Ban Leng
Matrix no. : PEH 080068

This week was my first week in MU. When i first entered the computer lab for the course PBEY 3102, I was wondering what will i be learning. Looking at the computers all around me really excite me. I really have great interest in computer, and I have always believe that teachers should always integrate ICT in the teaching and learning process. Then she came, our lecturer Mdm Foziah. Very big smile on her face she welcomed us to her humble lab.

MU- A New Beginning

Without wasting much time, she introduced herself to us. Then she showed us what this course is all about. Just from the introduction that she gave I was already excited! I just realized that there are many things that can be done with the help of ICT. For example, I just realized that we can create our own minus one. That is a huge bonus for teachers out there, and I simply cant wait for that lesson to come!

Next she also informed us that we will be doing a lot of photo editing in preparing teaching aids. I have zero background knowledge in picture editing but I cant wait to learn about it. Mdm Foziah also asked us to prepare three things for her course, which were one 8gb pendrive, Adobe CS3 software, and a academic blog hosted on blogspot.
8gb Pendrive: Check!

Adobe CS3: Check!

Blogspot: Check! Do visit me at my old blog !

Lastly, Mdm Foziah shared some experiences with previous cohort with us. Looks like our senior had set a high target for us to follow up! I know it aint easy but I'm not going to give up! Till then, chow!

No comments: