Week 13: Video Editing

This week was about becoming a movie director. ahaks! This week we were required to make our own video. We must choose a theme and then create a video based on the theme! Again, I work with my partner, How Hui Sun and we had decided on the theme "Determination".

Mdm Foziah had given us a storyline framework and asked us to write down our storyline first. This was because storyline will help us to plan our video better. Once my partner and I had sketched down the storyline, we begun to search for relevant pictures and videos. While Hui Sun was looking for pictures, I was downloading videos and crop certain parts of the videos. We decided to tell the story of Jay Chou, the Taiwan King of Pop. Jay Chou was an artist that had achieved many great accomplishment throughout his 10 years of career. He had faced many difficulties and challenges become he emerged to become one of the most influential person in Taiwan. Therefore, my partner and I agreed that Jay Chou was the best role model to deliver the theme "Determination".

Meanwhile, Mdm Foziah also mentioned that our video should be personalized, and must have plots such as introduction, rising action, climax, falling action and ending. This was to ensure that the video will become very interesting and meaningful to the audience.

So under Mdm Foziah's guidance, Hui San and I begun to put the pieces together. We added in the pictures and videos. To make our video more interesting, we added in many interesting effects and transitions on the pictures and video clips. After few hours of working, this was our end product.

From this task, I realized that video editing is a very powerful skill. This is because I as future teacher can make many powerful teaching aids with video editing skills. I can make various video on many topics such as fruits, food, animals, adjectives and many more. Moreover, interesting videos can help to attract the pupils' attention easily. Therefore, it is a must for 21st century teacher like me to master the skill of video editing.

Click Here to view my video.

No comments: